Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Question re: Notice of Termination & Process Server Rules

Posted by Lilly on August 01, 2001 at 05:14:39:

In Reply to: Question re: Notice of Termination & Process Server Rules posted by Dayann on August 01, 2001 at 03:03:04:

DId he let himself in with the keys or did he just show you the keys?unlawfully entering your apt for the sole purpose of effecting personal service is about the most obnoxious thing I've heard a process server do- I've heard of them impersonating a Fed-Ex person-Sometimes they don't even serve the papers but sign an affidavit stating that they did- this is known as "sewer service" , but the problem for you is how to prove that he used keys to let himself in - from the process servers position, he achieved what he set out to do-effect personal service upon you, as opposed to taping it to your door and sending it certified mail. Wow! I think this LL wants you out badly

Undertenant-co-tenant- I don't think that matters much- but is that the only change from the papers you received from the court?

As far as John and Jane Doe, thats just a mechanism for making sure LL covers anyone and everyone who may live there

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name