Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Question re: Notice of Termination & Process Server Rules

Posted by Dayann on August 01, 2001 at 03:03:04:

Hello everybody. I have a question. I finally received a valid Notice of Termination (Blumberg Form) and I have two questions.

First question. The LL gave the process server the keys to the house and the apartment and did not accompany the process server to the apartment. I heard the bang on the door, and as I was getting up to go answer it, I heard keys, and it seemed as though the guy was going to see himself into my apartment and serve me. Is this legal? When I asked the guy how he got into the house, he showed me the keys, smiled and said "your landlord". If this isn't legal, what can I legally do about it?

Next question. Notice lists me as an undertenant when I'm a co-tenant. Does this matter? And the Notice filed in Court and sent to me via process server says that me and my husband are being evicted, BUT the copy I got Cert. Mail RRR has changes written on it, obviously the changes were made after the document was filed in Court. They add a "Jane Doe" and "John Doe" to the list of undertenants. I have no subtenants or roomates here and think the LL is trying to say that my mother and brother, who visit and help babysit from time to time, are squatters. (A ridiculous accusation that can easily be refuted, since my mother owns a house and my brother lives there with her.)

Is this weird or what? Any feedback as to if I can throw this whole thing out is appreciated. Perhaps I can prove its harassment? Who adds things to court papers after they're filed??

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name