Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: guests - it would depend...

Posted by Neal on December 05, 2000 at 11:10:44:

In Reply to: Re: guests - it would depend... posted by Ken on December 04, 2000 at 17:51:47:

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I don't care about any ill or awkward feelings. Let's also say I'm incredibly stubborn and don't feel like moving. Let's also assume that the relationship between my friend and the grand daughter is bad, but she doesn't live there. Finally lets say that my very good friend would not do anything inappropriate, not even raise his voice, if some sort of confrontation unfolded.

This is a private apartment. Is it legal or not? I have no idea what that means. This is in NH and I don't know what constitutes a legal apartment. And, as I said before, I'm a month-to-monther.

Given all of this, if I invite my good friend over for dinner, can my landlord legally deny him from coming into my place? Can he really evict me because of who I'm friends with? That seems awfully discriminatory and far from legal (I know I can't be evicted because of sex, race, religious beliefs...).

What about this situation...
I'm divorced but engaged to be married. My fiance and I live in this apartment. What if the grand daughter is good friends with my ex wife and invites her to stay at my landlord's place with her for the weekend. Do I have the right to do anything there?

This is all very interesting.

--neal

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name