Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: guests - it would depend...

Posted by Dawn on December 05, 2000 at 13:08:23:

In Reply to: Re: guests - it would depend... posted by Neal on December 05, 2000 at 11:10:44:

Ah, for the sake of argument. Sigh. Okey-dokey. You're asking if you have a right to have a guest -- you were told YES by both Ken and I. But this particular situation borders on highly sensitive. Which is why you wrote. Which is why you got the answers you did. You're VERY aware of the potentially bad vibes for this situation and yet you continue to just want to push about rights -- in this case, yours and never mind anyone else. I think this particular single situation is just about being a little considerate as a month to month tenant, in turn cultivating a more positive harmonious relationship with your landlord.

If you're asking if the situation were reversed -- well, if it's a potentially awkward or explosive situation -- wouldn't you feel put off by having all this drama in your home, all caused by your AWARE BUT DOESN'T CARE tenant? Would YOU continue to rent to this person? Let's change it around, as you say - If you owned the building and the tenant you're renting to month to month brings a person that has caused your daughter grief, and you only want to avoid the whole situation but the tenant is giving you a f- you signal, what would YOU do? It's amazing that when the shoe is on the other foot, people, in the end, all react the same. You got similar answers from both Ken and I although mine was a tad bit "nicer."

Bottom line is you're aware of this becoming a situation and you can avoid this by taking the high road on this and see your friend elsewhere. Or you can take a chance and flip the bird to the landlord so to speak. The latter doesn't sound very appealing. Or does it?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name