TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Anyone with experience in Ossining?

Moderator: TenantNet

Re: Anyone with experience in Ossining?

Postby HardKnocks » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:53 pm

If you had to lose in order to end up on that thing, it would at least be fair. Those of us who didn't lose--or didn't even get that far before the case against us was dropped--are the real victims in all of this.
HardKnocks

Postby BronxRenter » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:26 pm

update: after several rounds of motions and cross motions the judge has the case. I am still here and I will close on my condo in less than a month, so even if he rules against me, I will not be homeless.
BronxRenter

Postby BronxRenter » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:39 pm

Update:

Last week I get a call from my lawyer, telling me that a settlement conference is scheduled with the judge in two days time.

I show up and again refuse to settle, judge says he will rule on the motions in front of him, and he will have his decision in a week.

I show up again a week later, judge calls the case and states his ruling, judgment for summary judgment and eviction denied, in fact all motions denied except my affirmative defense of retaliatory eviction.

Case now scheduled for a trial on May 24.
BronxRenter

Postby Downtown » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:49 am

Hopefully you will be settled in your condo by then. Fair call by the judge...sounds like he is open to ruling that this was retalitory and you can get your legal fees covered.
Maybe the other tenants can benefit from this as well...a reminder that they have rights.
Downtown

Postby BronxRenter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:58 pm

I'm only in it for the other 43 tenants, in my mind I have already won this case.

Hopefully this huge evil company will think twice before they decide to evict their next tenant.
BronxRenter

Previous

Return to NYS General Discussion