TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

DHCR excuse

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

DHCR excuse

Postby Phil Cohen » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:06 pm

I filed a PAR a few months ago. The LL no doubt was served with a copy of the PAR and responded, but no response was ever served upon me. I asked the DHCR and received back an email saying that no case officer was yet assigned to the case, and that once that happened I would get a copy of whatever response was filed.
Does this make sense? I ask because there have been several instances in which I havent't been served with LL filings.
Keep in mind that I am a tenant. Not a lawyer!!!!!
Phil Cohen

Re: DHCR excuse

Postby Cranky Tenant » Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:38 pm

If you have the docket number you can look up the status of your case at http://www.dhcr.state.ny.us/

If it's any consolation, I filed a complaint in June 2002 which wasn't docketed until March 2001. The LL responded the same month but I didn't receive a copy of that response until Spring 2002.
I'm sure it will come..... eventually.
I'm a cranky tenant NOT a cranky lawyer.
Cranky Tenant

Re: DHCR excuse

Postby Phil Cohen » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:04 am

Was this a PAR? Also I'm unclear on the dates. Do you mean your complaint was filed June 2000 and the LL responded in June 2000 or March 2001?

I don't mind waiting. What worries me -- because this has happened three-four times before! -- is that the LL will file a response and I won't get it.
Keep in mind that I am a tenant. Not a lawyer!!!!!
Phil Cohen

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments