TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Researching Tenancy History

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Researching Tenancy History

Postby hotsawce » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm

My battle for stabilization has taken another turn. LL has stated they "erroneously filed" a lone registration that destabilized the unit a few years ago, and have now pivoted to saying the failure to register my apartment since 1985 is due to the unit being owner occupied and no one living in it (which we believe is false for a few reasons; Hard to believe they've kept an apartment vacant for ~35 years...)

I now need to, somehow, gather some tenancy information for:
A) My apartment, to show it was occupied during that time by tenants that were not properly registered and
B) My LLs apartment, to show they lived in another unit and not this one.

Can the forum recommend any digital resource where I might be able to do this, or must I go to the Schwarzman building to research in something like a Cole's directory?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
hotsawce

Re: Researching Tenancy History

Postby TenantNet » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:03 am

This should be a continuation of your earlier thread , which you had 16 posts. Without digging up and rereading all your earlier posts, I have no idea what this is about. Please post this on your old thread (and BTW, we're backed-up for replies at the moment).

There is no one digital resource, but many, and you need to put all the evidence in one bowl and shake it all up. You best evidence will come from neighbors - but you may have to get them to put things in writing and have their statements notarized. There are ways to subpoena things, but you really need and attorney for that, and not all information will tell you what you want.

Do they still publish Cole's?

Locking this thread - replies to your original thread, please.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments