TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

NOt renewing our lease

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

NOt renewing our lease

Postby boon » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:32 pm

I was wondering if anybody can help me. Our lease is just about to end. The landlord did not want to renew our lease due to the fact that the apartment is not my parents primary resident. We been living there for over 20 years. The situation is that my parents have a restaurant business upstate for 10-15 years. They rent a apartment up there so they do not have to commute. My mother kept the apartment for my grandmother to live in for over 10 years. She only goes up on the weekends to help at the restaurant. Resently, 2-3 years ago, I moved back down there after college to attend a technical school and find a job. I some conflict with the services that the landlord didnt' provide. Now I feel that one of the reason for them not to renew our lease is due to the fact that I complain about the lack of maintence that they didnt' provide.
I was told to wait for a eviction letter to go to court. I was wondering what is the chances of getting them to renew the lease for my grandmother and I? What is the chances of winning if we do go to court?? HOw can i obtain the original copy of the lease? I had a dog living there with me for over 2 years and they just told me that its not allow. I was wondering if they are just BSing me. What if they don't even have the copy of the original lease?? Pls Help me. :confused: :confused:
boon

Re: NOt renewing our lease

Postby HardKnocks » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:44 pm

You should probably re-post this on the General Discussions board... with more details about what kind of housing/lease it is. Is it rent-stabilized?
HardKnocks

Re: NOt renewing our lease

Postby boon » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:58 pm

Ok thanks. Its not rent stablized.
boon

Return to Housing Court - NYC