Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord entering apartment

Posted by Richard on January 08, 1999 at 21:22:47:

In Reply to: Landlord entering apartment posted by Liz on January 08, 1999 at 19:52:20:

: I felt very threatened by his behavior, trying to enter the apartment while I was home without even knocking first or announcing himself. Our lease says he can come in for repairs or in "emergencies." Is he allowed to force his way into the apartment to collect the rent? As a woman alone at home in the evenings I feel very threatened by this kind of behavior, shaking and banging on the door. I don't know this guy. Just because he is the landlord doesn't mean he wouldn't hurt me. If he ever did it again I would want to call the police, but I'm afraid they might laugh me off because he's the landlord. My husband wants to send him a letter informing him that it is unacceptable behavior, but I'm afraid that might turn him against us. I have rented before and even the greediest sleaziest landlords have never unnecessarily entered the apartment.

:Why didnt you call the police....he could be a drunk, a dope addict or worse......Also RUSH RUSH RUSH to your nearest insurance agent and get Renters insurance I have $40,000 coverage for $258

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name