Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noise complaint about me from neighbor

Posted by klewis on October 08, 1999 at 09:44:35:

In Reply to: Noise complaint about me from neighbor posted by Bill on October 07, 1999 at 16:36:02:

: I live in Atlanta and just renewed my lease with my property management for another 6 months.
: I have never been late on my rent in the year that I have lived here and I have had no problems at all until recently.
: I have a woman who moved in ABOVE me and she keeps complaining that my TV and stereo (I don't even have a stereo) are too loud after 12.30 or 1 am they bother her.
: Until this week I worked until 12.15 am and would often come home and turn on the TV, but I was always aware of the volume levels and even in my own surroundings I had to often strain to hear what was on the television.
: She complained last night for the 4th time in the past 2 months, so I have to meet with the landlord and her this coming Monday to 'resolve' this issue.
: Do I have a right to listen to the TV at a regular listening volume, even at 1am? If I turn it down any lower I might as well turn it off because I won't be able to hear it myself in my own apt. and I'm not hard of hearing.
: The landlord reminded me that she can ask one of us to move with a 30-day notice because it's in our lease that repeated noise complaints will result in one of us being asked to leave.
: The word "asked" is actually used in the lease so I didn't know if they can legally evict me if I'm asked to leave. I honestly think it's really petty but I can't seem to find anything about Georgia Tenant Landlord Law on the web, so here am I posting.
: Any advice or information anyone could give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Why don't you buy a headset?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name