Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Noise complaint about me from neighbor

Posted by Bill on October 07, 1999 at 16:36:02:

I live in Atlanta and just renewed my lease with my property management for another 6 months.
I have never been late on my rent in the year that I have lived here and I have had no problems at all until recently.
I have a woman who moved in ABOVE me and she keeps complaining that my TV and stereo (I don't even have a stereo) are too loud after 12.30 or 1 am they bother her.
Until this week I worked until 12.15 am and would often come home and turn on the TV, but I was always aware of the volume levels and even in my own surroundings I had to often strain to hear what was on the television.
She complained last night for the 4th time in the past 2 months, so I have to meet with the landlord and her this coming Monday to 'resolve' this issue.
Do I have a right to listen to the TV at a regular listening volume, even at 1am? If I turn it down any lower I might as well turn it off because I won't be able to hear it myself in my own apt. and I'm not hard of hearing.
The landlord reminded me that she can ask one of us to move with a 30-day notice because it's in our lease that repeated noise complaints will result in one of us being asked to leave.
The word "asked" is actually used in the lease so I didn't know if they can legally evict me if I'm asked to leave. I honestly think it's really petty but I can't seem to find anything about Georgia Tenant Landlord Law on the web, so here am I posting.
Any advice or information anyone could give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name