Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord Harrassment

Posted by Will on April 09, 1999 at 00:52:40:

In Reply to: Landlord Harrassment posted by Patricia Roman on April 08, 1999 at 21:36:21:

Well first of all you should stick to paying the 1996 rent. As long as he doesn't give you a lease..pay NO increases. And yes deduct any repairs and painting cost from the rent. This should force their hand. Remember thought DHCR and been allowing landlord to fill out forms retroactively so once any court action takes place they may do that and you would owe the 2/4% difference. Call the the department of housing and report the lack of permits and ask for an inspection......

Will

: I've lived in a rent stabilized apartment since 1976...Several years ago the builing was bought by current landlord. They refused to give me an executed copy of my lease..November 1996, the DHCR ordered my landlord to provide me with a copy within 20 days. The landlord has, as of this date, refused to do so. That lease expired last September. and the landlord refuses to give me a new lease. The landlord has also refused to paint the apartment Refused to fix air conditioners that have always been maintained by management. They are in the structure of the building. Now they are doing major construction in the builing without benifit of work permits. This is a small builing, 7 apartments...I'm concerned about the stuctural damage that might jeapordize our safety.
: I have written several certified letters to them. I have filed a harrassment complaint..Today, I had the place painted and plan to deduct it from the rent.
: Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name