Posted by SamE on August 15, 2001 at 22:29:49:
In Reply to: Oil fumes/smell in apt and hall posted by Tim on August 14, 2001 at 23:08:09:
Most officials don't seem to care about the 'oil fumes' either because the average person doensn't get sick from them, just us petro-sensitive types... or because there might not be any laws/codes concerning how much is too much...
However: call the NYC Dept of Health: where there's oil fumes there's usually deadly carbon monoxide. This they care about very much.
Also: it is a violation of the Fire Code, the Building Code, the HMC and probably the MDL to leave the door to the boiler room oopen. That door is required to be a fire door and it is very illegal to prop open a fire door. Call Central Complaints, a/k/a/ the no-Heat line.
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup