Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roomate overcharge. Can I recover?

Posted by Lilly on August 09, 2001 at 22:09:47:

In Reply to: Roomate overcharge. Can I recover? posted by Johnny Thunders on August 09, 2001 at 15:26:14:

Try filing an overcharge complaint against the tenant with DHCR, specifically citing their new code amendment, 2525.7, which as you know states that charging a roommate more than the proportional share of the rent is a violation of the Rent Stabilization Code. Interesting to see what they will do with it....
You could also take this person to court, or if you're still living there start paying only your proportional share of the rent, $400. Tenant may attempt to throw you out, but tenant cannot simply do that-tenant would have to take you to court to evict you. Let's hope tenant is not that stupid....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name