Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Roomate overcharge. Can I recover?

Posted by Johnny Thunders on August 09, 2001 at 15:26:14:

According to the new code pertaining to roomate overcharges in rent stablized apts can the overcharged roomate get his money back? I was paying 750$ for a small room in a three bedroom with 2 other people (including leaseholder). I found out the rent is only 1,200. Can I sue to get my money back? Are there specific cases I can cite? Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name