Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord moving sister into my apt

Posted by Renee on June 08, 2001 at 05:55:20:

In Reply to: Landlord moving sister into my apt posted by KT on June 07, 2001 at 02:49:16:

I don't understand this situation at all! Are you just renting a room? Is it actually broken up into separate apartments or is it a communal thing? Sounds like you are renting a room in a the home of an extended family. It is not uncommon among some nationalities to have the families all pool resources and live together - separate but alone so to speak. That is not a problem - except as it involves the lone non-family members. If this is an individual apartment, for which you have a rental agreement, I cannot see how they can just commandeer space from you!!! (Of course, I'd be careful not to get a person angry that makes bullets). I think you really need to get legal counsel either to get them to comply with normal housing procedures or to get out of your lease. Personally, I'd be packing right now if I were you. I don't know what components are now used in bullets, but it would seem to me that there are some inherent risks with combustability, etc here which would pose great risks for the inhabitants should something go wrong. Make sure you have an escape plan in effect in case of fire and that your smoke detector is working.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name