Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I have another perspective

Posted by Chris on June 05, 2001 at 16:06:22:

In Reply to: I have another perspective posted by will on June 05, 2001 at 15:36:20:

yeah, while it may be unfair for a roommate to get charged more than what an apartment is worth, where do you draw the line? according to the article, the old lady only makes $12,000/yr, with a rent of $1850. without the roommate, she'd be out.

i think people who do this kinda thing should be as upfront as possible about the reality of these situations, and then, caveat emptor.

check out the article, i like it where the broker says it's 'wrong' for her to profit from making the roommate pay an inflated rent. yeah right.

: Lets look at this from another perspective...both the tenant and the roommate had a private agreement. Private is in "the right to privacy". Now this rule means landlords can feel legally justified in invading someones privacy...asking for private contracts, asking for receipts, bank account balances, bills...doesn't anyone consider this problematic?? The only ones benefiting from this are the landlords (big surprise NOT)...this one in particular will have a vacancy allowance based on 23 years of occupancy, renovations and presto chango an non rent stabilized apartment going for about 3-4 thousand a month...wow!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name