Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I have another perspective

Posted by Lilly on June 05, 2001 at 18:54:20:

In Reply to: Re: I have another perspective posted by Chris on June 05, 2001 at 16:06:22:

The woman is in a 2Bedroom, 2 bathrooms, living room dining room at 83 & Park. Market rent, having not seen the apartment: $6000-$7500. But LL and his attorneys and brokers aren't talking rental; the bldg is a real good co-op. Selling price:$1.5ml to $1.75ml dollars.
I believe she screwed up by charging over what her rent is. My humble opinion is that they won't be able to enforce this for the simple reason that the whole purpose of this roommate reg was to protect the roommate( so says DHCR, wink, wink) but it's going to encourage lots of holdover (eviction) proceedings and tenant harassment. which defeats the purpose. SO the REAL purpose of this new reg becomes even more obvious: It doesn't help roommates, it hurts them, it doesn't give them any monetary redress and it only helps the landlords. It creates another class of protected tenants (roommates) and encourages a brand new form of harassment of tenants. But hey! The lawyers have gotta love it: More legal fees!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name