Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

drug selling neighbors

Posted by Misty on May 09, 2001 at 11:24:04:

We have been living in a duplex nearly two years. OUr building has recently been taken over by a new landlord that is worthless. Our lawn never gets mowed, our roof leaks, and the house is falling apart. Recently they moved in new tenants above us. They constantly play their sterio so loud that we can not even hear our TV, they have poeple in and out all times of the day, and constanly slam doors. We talked to them a dozen times, asking them to tone down the partys. The last time the guy phyisicaly threatened my husband. We ended up having to call the police. Sence then, they have threatened my two year old daughter, my husband, and myself. We told our landlord and she bascicaly said she didn't believe us. Our neighbor also put a broken down car in the garage that we pay rent on. The landlord said that they could keep it there, "because it's just included in our rent". Now we are told that we can not park our car in the drive way, because it blocks him from getting the car, that doesn't run, out of OUR garage. It feels as though we are getting walked all over. What can we do? Where do we start?? Also the yard is such a mess, we've offered to do the yard work for a deduction in rent, but they refuse. How do we make them at least mow?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name