Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Excessive construction noise

Posted by s on March 12, 2001 at 12:04:51:

In Reply to: Re: Excessive construction noise posted by Ace on March 12, 2001 at 11:51:24:

: Did the landlord serve you with notice on the construction? Did he give you a timeframe as to how long the construction would be going on? Has he cut off water or electricity to you? Are you rent controlled, or stabilized, are you living in NYC? Has the LL provided you with any kind of information? Please provide more details.

We were not told of the repairs and have not been given a straight answer as to when they would be done. We were told The workers they use are only avaialble on the weekends. When I complained on Sat, the LL said that they would not be working on Sun, but they did.
Water was cut off for an afternoon, but they called to tell us.

Living in Brooklyn, but not rent stabilized (3 units)

Each time I ask for a time frame, they say "soon" or "they are done with the power tools today"

The floors are thin and they know it. They have continued to have the work done on the weekends althought they know it makes our apt unlivable. I believe this to be a violation of our right and that I should deduct the daily rent for each day of construction (10 days)

They live next door and I am mostly concerned about spending the next year and a half in an adversarial relationship.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name