Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: bankruptcy! Any danger to apartment lease?

Posted by Renee on February 21, 2001 at 14:38:54:

In Reply to: Re: bankruptcy! Any danger to apartment lease? posted by Bruce on February 21, 2001 at 00:25:08:

Bruce has been lucky. As a Landlord, I do annual credit checks on my tenants as allowed by their signature agreements on the application. This will affect my renewing their lease. Mortgage companies also reserve that right. You will have the bankrupcy on your record for the next 10 years of your life. You never know where life will lead you. You may want to move out of NYC, get married and want to buy a home - NOT!!! Buy a car - forget it. Ok- lease a car - no way. Have electrical accounts or gas placed in your name - must be kidding. Cell phone - uh uh. If you complete an application in the next 30 years that says "Have you ever filed bankrupcy" and the application says "any contract based on mistatement of information provided is null and void". This will haunt you forever. The easy way out now will be the hard way in the future. Do as you will ... but I would bet money that my words will come back to haunt you if you proceed.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name