Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord problems

Posted by Leigh on February 12, 2001 at 19:19:27:

In Reply to: Re: landlord problems posted by Cvillecpm on February 10, 2001 at 21:02:28:

I completely agree that the landlord has every right to know who is living there. What I have a problem with is her accusing my boyfriend of living there, when he is only over about 3 times a week, when I have discussed this with her 20 times.
Please, if by definition, that means that he is living there (by visiting 3 times a week), let me know what state law or regulation states this so that I can adjust his visits to what would be acceptable. What would be considered "consecutive overnight visits"? Staying over more than one night a week? a month? staying over a couple times a week or the majority? Wouldn't it have to be his permanent place of residence and wouldn't he have to be getting mail or something there to consider him living there or a permanent occupant? Does this mean that I cannot have anyone even visit me and stayover a couple of nights or a week? There is nothing stated in my lease about limitations on visitors and since I just moved to California, I was not aware that limitations might exist due to utilities. My landlord only provides hot water, I pay for all other utilities. Please let me know what regulation you are referring to. I can't imagine that there is a law or regulation against an apartment renter having overnight guests. Please let me know if you have any more concrete information. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name