Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noise war with neighbor - Any suggestions? -- Yes declare a truce

Posted by Suzi on January 25, 2001 at 11:37:32:

In Reply to: Re: Noise war with neighbor - Any suggestions? -- Yes declare a truce posted by Peacemaker on January 20, 2001 at 00:32:10:

Thank you for responding. Sorry I was not available to respond to you as quickly. I do not actually thrive on conflict, let alone war. This has been an unusual situation for me and my response has been in accordance with one under siege. I too believe in peace.

With the way that I set things up thankfully there have been no innocent victims. I consulted with the one neighbor who would be directly affected and about whom I was the most concerned, and he said that there was no problem with my “noise.”

I disagree with you that the “high road” would entail my moving out. I have no intentions of moving out for reasons related to any neighbor, certainly not one that declares war on me. Would you let yourself be harassed into doing anything, especially regarding something as important as your residence? Not my style. I stand up for my rights and will fight a bully to the end. I have acted proactively by enlisting the outside help I mentioned (landlord and police). As for easily finding or affording a high rise, I could much more easily afford the legal battle.

If your moniker is sincere, I know that you mean well and that you are trying to foster peace. But one must ask at what price: At the price of sacrificing your freedom to live peacefully in the building of your choice by succumbing to the rants of a misguided, angry and dysfunctional person? Who’s to say that the next building, high rise or otherwise, won’t have an equally disturbed person living next door. Since this is a non-violent situation and person I would rather let the bully know that he won’t be tolerated. That brings me more peace of mind.

I thank you for your input.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name