Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: suing landlord for damages from a flood

Posted by Dawn on December 06, 2000 at 15:04:12:

In Reply to: suing landlord for damages from a flood posted by giuseppe da silva on December 05, 2000 at 22:24:56:

There is a search engine on this site that if you type your location, it can give you a listing of whether the buildings land under rent stabilized, rent controlled or not. Check the archives as well.

There is another thing, call the Department of Housing and Preservation. They should also be able to determine this. Have the building I.D. number handy (usually located at the front of the building, in the lobby). Your lease, you mention written - -by hand or a pre-printed form? If it's a preprinted Blumberg form, it would say at the very top in black ink if it is rent stabilized or not. How long have you lived there? Good luck.

: I live at 121 E 97 st and I don't know if the apt. is rent stailized, or rent controlled (I actually don't know the difference). I do have a written lease and the building and the one next to it are owned by MAROLDA PROPERTIES, which is now renovating the two buildings completely.

: I got damages from a flood caused by a recklessly done job on the roof (which is right on toop of my unit). I am going to court to be refunded. Is there anything I should know about this all process? ...and how do I find out if the landlord has a bad record?

: Please, help me do the right thing...

: thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name