Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

suing landlord for damages from a flood

Posted by giuseppe da silva on December 05, 2000 at 22:24:56:

I live at 121 E 97 st and I don't know if the apt. is rent stailized, or rent controlled (I actually don't know the difference). I do have a written lease and the building and the one next to it are owned by MAROLDA PROPERTIES, which is now renovating the two buildings completely.

I got damages from a flood caused by a recklessly done job on the roof (which is right on toop of my unit). I am going to court to be refunded. Is there anything I should know about this all process? ...and how do I find out if the landlord has a bad record?

Please, help me do the right thing...


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name