Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Subtle harassment as a tool to keep tenants down.

Posted by Jerry Weinstein on October 10, 2000 at 17:39:39:

In brief, I moved into a spanking NEW building June 1st in greenpoint, bklyn. while i have a lease, much that was promised was verbal: storage in the basement, a garden, a laundry. 5+ months on, the laundry is thisclose to being done, storage is not yet ready, and the garden is a heap. here's why i wrote: i've gotten my fellow tenants (8 apartments) to include notes with their rent, asking for these things. in addition, we went without hot water for several days at the beginning of our lease and for the last 3 nights haven't had HEAT. one of the owners came upstairs while i was out one night to tell my roommate that they'd be glad to give us our deposit and have us move the following day. now: i want to stay at this place, and renew my lease. it's a great space, although the owners are morons. they are hoping to keep me silenced with the not so veiled threat that they won't renew my lease. i need advice. (in the mix, we've 1" walls and a neighbor complained of my noise, when all i have is a clock radio...)
thanks,
jerrry

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name