Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

HELP! Over-Population In Apartment Above Me!

Posted by Chris Morse on August 23, 2000 at 23:26:51:

I am looking for any legal precedences that may prohibit the neighbors above me from living the way they do.

In the apartment above me, is an exact copy of my apartmet. It is a ONE BEDROOM apartment. Earlier this year, a family from India moved in. THERE ARE 8 PEOPLE LIVING ABOVE ME, and they make an AWFUL LOT OF NOISE at all times of the day and night. They must be tripping over each other. Bang, Slam, Bang.. It never ends. The one bedroom apartment above me is home to FIVE adults, TWO children and a baby (that loves to scream.)

I have been searching the internet looking for something that can tell me if this is in any way illegal. There MUST be a maximum occupancy law or rule somewhere. I am living in Norwalk, Connecticut.

I have complained to the landlord but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. They keep me up at night and wake me in the morning; especially annoying when I hear so much stamping and pounding at 7 AM Saturday morning when I am trying to get a little extra sleep but can't.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,
// CHRIS
win32mfc@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name