Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Is this grounds to get out of my lease?

Posted by Natasha Anderson on August 22, 2000 at 16:23:47:

I live in an apartment complex in Orlando, Flordia that has stabilized rent and is over 35 years old and "renovated" and our landlord is rude and doesn't care about the request that we put in for her to fix things in our apartment. For instance, our dishwasher was broken which almost injuried my roommate as the door fell off the hinges. We also have electrical problems that we have told her about that she ignores. The closets doors fall off the hinges daily and the neighborhood is very unsafe. The neighbors downstairs sound like they are always fighting or maybe shooting at each other and others are always in the parking lot making alot of noise and fixing on cars which scares me. Is there anything I could do to get out of this lease. When I confronted the landlord about the dishwasher door and let her know how dangerous that was and it could have been a lawsuit. She responded and told us that, "that's BS if that hadv'e hit someone you all could not have done anything." That's not the way you talk to or treat tenants. Could someone please help me out with this situation. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name