Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Water & Electr Problems, Bathroom Hole, Harassment

Posted by richard on July 03, 2000 at 18:02:51:

In Reply to: Water & Electr Problems, Bathroom Hole, Harassment posted by Resher on July 03, 2000 at 17:02:21:

sounds like she has an Illegal 3 family house......dont move out....let her try and evict you...it wont be easy

read this.....http://www.queens.nyc.ny.us/presiden/convert.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

: Ms. Marta Navarro (Owner)
: 59-22 163 St
: Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
: 718-353-2945

: Two/Three family house with 2 tenants on first floor, 3 or 4 in basement, owner and her family (4 people) upstairs.
: Problems: Last 2 years--Water Leaks (Kitchen and bathroom), Electricity problems, plaster/paint falling off ceiling, telephone line abuse (Bell Atlantic intervened). Blaring music, Neglect, Privacy issues, Harassment.

: The DHCR office has no jurisdiction. I called Central Complaints (212-960-4800) and requested an inspection. Was given a Case/Complaint No.
: I notified owner/landlady in writing that I will move out by end of July due to her violations, paid July (instead of using my Security Deposit).
: Ms. Navarro threatened me over the phone because "I should not complain," claims that I broke a washing machine and she is keeping my Security Deposit.

: In spite of current laws, it looks like owners of non-stabilized, non-rent-controlled housing units can violate everybody's rights.

: Besides going to a lawyer, what can I done? Where can I go? The Attorney General's Office was not much help, either.

: Thank you in advance.

: Resher

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name