TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Theft by supers

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

Theft by supers

Postby SinglemomintheBronx » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:42 pm

Ok, last year i needed a new refrigerator. Told LL and was told to give keys to the super who lived here. I gave him the keys, but at the time we had another super who worked in multiple bldgs. To make a long story short, a few days later when i went to look for the item (worth over $200.00) don't wanna say exactly what it was, said item was missing. Literally spent the entire night looking. Very upset, can never get the items back, lost memories. So i called LL and told them, they told me to write a detailed report. I didn't file a police report. word got back to both supers and of course neither knew what happened. One of them continued to harrass me through another neighbor. Threaten even. This was about 1 1/2 yr ago. Nothing was ever done or said again by LL. I sent the letter and new management took over. These 2 plp were the only plp in the apt for that whole week besides me. Is this a done deal? Man , really need a lawyer.
SinglemomintheBronx

Postby TenantNet » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Sorry to say, but tenants who leave keys for building employees for unsupervised entry -- even if you feel they can be trusted -- are asking for trouble.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues