TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

LANDLRD/OWNER CONST IN MY APT NOT FOR MY BENEFIT

Relating to Department of Buildings, Development and Zoning

Moderator: TenantNet

LANDLRD/OWNER CONST IN MY APT NOT FOR MY BENEFIT

Postby cbonapti » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:17 am

2nd time posting...

House owner occupied. I rent 2nd floor, owner occupies 1st floor. He's recently renovated 3rd floor of house, now planning to put bathroom in 3rd floor. Ha had contractors look at job, then inspect my 2nd floor bathroom. My question is- not knowing if I will be imposed upon or not- what are my rights as tenant having 100% privledges/rights to 2nd floor interiors, while renovation being done upstairs? It was not in the lease that we understand we were to expect renovations. There has been tension since the renovations began as we have had to endure heavy (unexpected) work being done since moving in. Thank you for CONSTRUCTIVE input. :(
cbonapti

Re: LANDLRD/OWNER CONST IN MY APT NOT FOR MY BENEFIT

Postby Aubergine » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:44 am

On this forum, starting multiple threads to ask the same question is frowned upon. You do not need to start a second thread just because you are not satisfied with the first reply to your first thread.
Aubergine

Postby cbonapti » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:06 am

to aubergine- if u paid any attn to the 1st time I posted my issue, the administrator asked me to post message again, but without caps on. so I did as asked because I'm seeking help. Obviously you are not her to offer any, so any other input you have from here on I will simply disregard. To those who would be so kind to offer constructive insight- I welcome it. Theres always one in the bunch, isnt there? LOL
cbonapti

Postby Anna » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:21 am

cbonapti : that's just plain rude. This is 2006, not 1986: if you don't know that all caps is shouting, then don't post anywhere until you learn the basics of Netiquette.

You misunderstood: TN meant for you to EDIT your existing post or to post a REPLY to it in normal typeface.
Anna

Postby cbonapti » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:36 am

OOOH! OK, NOW I GET IT. THIS IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER RUN OF THE MILL CHAT BOARD. YOU'RE ALL JUST RUNNING A HIGH SCHOOL CLIQ. GOT IT! TOOK ME A MIN TO FIGURE IT OUT, BUT I SEE THE REST OF THE GANG IS FOLLOWING THE LEADER. OK, WELL, I'LL LEAVE YOU ALL TO IT, GO CHALK UP TO BEAT UP ON THE NEXT UNSUSPECTING INNOCENT. I GAVE UP SANDBOXES WHEN I WAS A KID- BUT THEN SOME NEVER GROW UP. SHAME REALLY THAT YOU BOTH DONT HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO- LIKE ACTUALLY BE OF HELP. KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT...
cbonapti

Postby TenantNet » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:25 am

Perhaps he's a Democrat ... which would explain the dysfunction.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Postby cestmoi123 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:34 pm

cbonapti, just so you know, you just succeeded in alienating three of the best-informed people on this board. your temper tantrum may make you feel better, but it hurt your chances of actually getting help with your problem. I'd apologize if I were you - or don't, your call.
cestmoi123

Postby TenantNet » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Can't we all get along? (but only in U/l case)

<small>[ April 07, 2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: TenantNet ]</small>
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to Building Dept/Zoning Issues - NYC