TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Thefts, Stalking, Harassment

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Thefts, Stalking, Harassment

Postby Scared_Tenant_NYC » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:07 pm

Hello. All of the following is true, I am not delusional or crazy. I have been the victim of apartment thefts and home invasions for past 13 years, the breakins are swift and professional- leave no signs of door lock damage or window damage. Thieves have entered though the front door as well as through windows that face a conjoined balcony space that is separated by a divider (one apartment next to mine is vacant). I have changed the front door locks 3 times. Stolen items include: cash, my purse, silver coins, documents, tax returns, court records, NY drivers license, my NY i.d, card, jewelry, uniforms, phone modem, photo albums, money orders, electronic items. Some items were vandalized (internet modem, headphones).. My phone / and or apartment was wire tapped and I have been stalked & harassed by strangers (gangstalking) as well as 2 building staff members and 2 other tenants. It is my belief that 2 other tenant neighbors as well as building staff are assisting with the thefts by providing distractions as well as letting thieves know when I enter and exit apartment (there are cameras in hallways). I think a tenant (or building management) lied about me to the Feds and got me on a watchlist for the purpose of harassment and to force me out of rent regulated apartment. I had many items stolen last month while they created a distraction by replacing something in the apartment. I have been to police precinct 3 times and they once came over, they are in disbelief because there are no signs of forced entry. Last year when I went to bring a bag of trash to the "trash room" in the lobby, I caught one of the porters removing letters, receipts , and other documents from the first bag of trash I had brought down. He was going through my trash as if he was looking for personal info. This had nothing to do with recycling, this was privacy invasion. They never search other tenants trash like this. The trash shoot is tiny so many people bring trash to the "trash room". Landlord spent 2 years trying to evict me and failed, he also got angry after I filed harassment complaint with DHCR many years ago. I think what is happening to me is known as "Targeted Individual" , it is difficult to prove and happens to thousands of people. I have tried a motion sensor alarm sand setting up a webcam but still have no evidence of breakins. Has anyone ever heard of this happening to tenants? advice appreciated . Non-believers please don't reply.
Last edited by Scared_Tenant_NYC on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scared_Tenant_NYC

Re: Thefts, Stalking, Harassment

Postby TenantNet » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:20 pm

Can't read this. Can you break this up into paragraphs - to start - to people can read all of this. Otherwise it's just run-on. You also toss in everything and anything, including a long list of stuff, which no one cares to read about. Try to present a thought-out argument, please.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Re: Thefts, Stalking, Harassment

Postby TenantNet » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:13 pm

Poster replied:

Sorry my post looked like a run on, long paragraph. It's hard to condense 13 years of stalking, thefts and harassment into a short narrative. :( :oops: I will not re-post, sorry.

We're sorry the OP decided to not repost. This forum is to offer advice when we can, and it's also meant as a teaching tool for others. In general, we get more traffic of people searching for topics than posting the same thing over again.

But for any post, we ask that it be something that can be read without falling asleep. That may be a bit harsh, but in order to assess a situation, we have to understand it, what's important and what's not. We need to drive down to the main issue. That's why we ask posters to clarify things ... and it helps them as well.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments