TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Landlord letter/notice to clean/clear up apartment, cure?

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Landlord letter/notice to clean/clear up apartment, cure?

Postby nycrsa1 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:24 am

Landlord said he is sending me some type of letter about clearing things out of my apartment and I think he might have said unsanitary--before exterminator can help me with mice problems.
1. Do you know what type of letter this is? Would this be a notice to cure? Is this a step on the way to eviction? i don't fit under new criteria for eviction moratorium.
Do I have 30 days to get my place in order before the landlord’s next step they take?

2. What are the limits to what they can ask me to do/throw away? How do i cooperate without indicating that I do not take any responsibility for the mice in the cellar and walls coming into my apartment?

3. Do I need to respond in writing? Do they need to specify what exactly has to be cleaned/thrown out?

thank you.
nycrsa1

Re: Landlord letter/notice to clean/clear up apartment, cure

Postby TenantNet » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am

Please don't start a new thread for every question. This appears to be a continuation of the thread you started just a few days ago. I will not - and readers should not - have to bounce back and forth between threads. It's basically the same issue.

And wait until you get the letter. If you wish, you can scan it (as a PDF, not jpg) and send it to us by private mail (PM). But do not post anything personally identifiable on the forum.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments