TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Where can I file a small claims?

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Where can I file a small claims?

Postby bundu » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I’m taking my landlord to court for my full security deposit. He resides in Staten island, his property (my old apartment) is in Brooklyn. I currently reside in NJ. I was hoping I could file a claim in King’s county small claims court but heard that I may have to go to his place of residence to do so. Does anyone know what the rules are on this matter?
Thank you
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:01 am

Return to Housing Court - NYC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests