TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

drug eviction trial

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

drug eviction trial

Postby hattier » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 am

dea agent gave testimony under oath regarding the seizure of pot in the tenant's apartment. tenant's attorney was not permitted to question the dea agent. now the landlord's attorney wants to use the testimony as part of his prima facie case because the agent is not available for trial. i do not think it is admissible.

any thoughts, i am doing the memo of law.

h
hattier

Postby jkgal » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Hello,

FYI, there are some really knowledgeable posters here, however, they usually are not on this particular board, I've noticed. You might try posting this query on another board - like, for example, the rent-regulated board, if that applies to this case. I know that TN has a policy of no double-posting (of similar messages on multiple boards), but maybe they'd allow it in this case.....

I hope this response hasn't come too late to assist you,

jkgal
jkgal

Postby cardinalfang » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:43 am

Sounds like you are absolutely right. To research this I would start with the cases cited in annotations to CPLR 4517.
cardinalfang

Postby jkgal » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:12 am

Hello,

This post above is from one of the knowledgeable posters to which I was referring! So, I guess it's not necessary to move this post to another board.....

jkgal
jkgal

Postby TenantNet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

Of course not. Any regular user will find any new post by checking "View posts since last visit."

And the context of your terminology can be confusing. While "forum" and "board" are often synonymous in their meanting the entire forum section of the website, what you really meant was the forum 'section' on the TenantNet forum, i.e., the rent-regulated section or the non rent-regulated section, etc.

Yes, we discourage posters from posting duplicate posts, but that's because a single post will be found by any regular user. (plus the orange buttons light up when there are unread posts).
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to Housing Court - NYC