TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Landlord Damages to Apartment and self Repairs

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Landlord Damages to Apartment and self Repairs

Postby GODOFJELL0 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 pm

I left my apartment In December of Last year. When I left I repaired some holes in the wall from my flat screen tv with the help of the former Repair man for the apartment (the same man who installed it) They where about dime size or less.,and They where repaired and painted over as best as time alowed.
On a later phone call to my landlord he said the repairs where good. But then he turns around and trys to charge me 750 (but said it was costing him 1500, And the downstairs tenant hear him talking to the painter and he charged him 500) to repaint the apartment cuz the new tenant didn't not like the way the wall looked (You could hardly notice the holes it was just a slight discolour in the wall way better then any other repairs I saw around the apartment he had former tenants paint the apartment and it was really crappy I think hes using my holes as a excuse to not have to pay to fix it for the new tenant)
Also when my landlord was showing the apartment to someone when It was still under my name one of the bedroom doors was locked. He asked if I had a key and told him no the locks he had in the apartment didn't come with a key. He chose to break in the door causing the door frame to shatter beyond repair and now wishes to charge me for that also. He has not at this date 2 months later. givin me any deposit money back a total of $2250. Or provided any proof of the repairs or costs.

AM I in the right to get it all back? and do you think I can win a case againced him.
GODOFJELL0

Return to Housing Court - NYC