TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Help collecting a money judgement from sub-let

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Help collecting a money judgement from sub-let

Postby chiefdahill » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:40 pm

I have just received a money judgement from Housing Court, and the five day stay of execution is now up. I went to Centre St yesterday to see if the tenant had tried to fight it, but he has not. I need help with the next step in the process. I don't believe that will need to evict him any longer since he has vacated the premises, but I still need to collect the money(2 mnths rent + late fees.) I think that I need to file it somewhere and then serve him once again. This guy is real scum. I sub-let my apt to him back in Oct, he furnished it but never moved in. He then started renting it out as a short-term furnished rental. He had transexual hookers working a brothel out of this place for a while, FOR REAL, vice had made numerous arrests at the premises, and the other tenants in the building were flipping out. He then had other numerous people in the place. This scum has been making a profit on my place and the whole time not paying rent. The LL wants to kill me now, but is giving me time to go after him. I have already called the tenant to threaten him that I was going to ruin his credit, call the NY board of realtors, go to his REAL primary residence and inform his LL that he is renting out other places, and possibly call the IRS and explain to them that this guys is running an all cash buisness, which he probably isn't paying taxes on. On his application he stated that he makes 200K+ per year. He does this all over Manhattan, and gets his victims here on CL, as well as posting the short term rentals here. Any and all comments would be appreciated, I just want this nightmare to be over.

BTW stay away from Nicoletti Realty, that's his buisness front. His name is Ken Nicoletti and he is the principle broker.
chiefdahill

Re: Help collecting a money judgement from sub-let

Postby matt3502 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:42 am

Your story is right out of "Law and Order". If you know his realty business is still operating, you can probably get a lein against it. In addition, if you where he is you might want to contact the police in that area. One caveat however, people like this are not exactly rational and tend to have nasty friends. THIS IS STRICTLY AN OPINION.
matt3502

Postby Phil Cohen » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:34 pm

"Here on CL"? I don't follow. You should definitely alert whoever has carried his ads.
I concur with the other post. This is criminal stuff. Fraud. You need to contact the cops or DA's office.
As for your money--based on what you are saying, you are going to have a tough time collecting, to say the least.

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Phil ]</small>
Keep in mind that I am a tenant. Not a lawyer!!!!!
Phil Cohen

Postby chiefdahill » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:11 pm

My apologies... "Here on CL"
is pertaining to Craig's List. I posted the same query on that web site as well, and just pasted here istead of retyping.
I went down to the resource cener on Centre Street, and spoke with one of their legal counsel, and they pointed me in the right direction. Anyway, never give up is my new motto. I will have my revenge.
chiefdahill

Return to Housing Court - NYC