TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Urgent! Need Crt. Procedure Answers

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Urgent! Need Crt. Procedure Answers

Postby Brooklyn Babe » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:38 pm

Hoping to gain some procedural/evidence answers. I am suing my 3 LL's in civil Crt (pro se)...
1. I sued all 3 property owners as listed on deed(1 is listed on my lease as LL and committed most of the damage -he's currently incarcerated for an unrelated violent crimes), his wife (not on deed) answered my petition and a crt date was assigned. Can/should I file for a default motion against him and other property owner when I appear in court?
2. I suffered medical damages, is the paid bill for treatment enough? Should I submit a detailed report from my Dr. of injury sustained? And what do I open myself up to by submitting the report?
3. I have tons of bills/cash register receipts, is there a special way to submit them? Are they admissable?
4. Can I submit bills that were paid by someone else on my behalf? I simply ran out of money due to the damages and family had to intercede and carry some of the cost...
5. Is there anyway to get a list of disturbances/police calls for an address?
6. I have all original documents LL sent me, but I wrote on the back of them i.e.- when/how delivered, time, date etc... Are the notices still admissable as evidence?
Any qualified and knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated. Someone who has gone through this before?
I'd also like to thank all of you who have contributed to this board and the Tenant.net site in general. Without your great info. and help, I would never have made it this far or become so knowledgeable. Everyone wish me luck and please say a little prayer. These people are the worst of the worse...
Thanks all,
BB
Consigliere, are you out there :-) ?
The above information is from a non-attorney tenant activist and is not considered or to be used as legal advice.
Brooklyn Babe

Return to Housing Court - NYC