TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

reinstating on calender

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

reinstating on calender

Postby kukuberra » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:52 am

Ok, so I went to court and the LL attorny didn't show. So it was dismissed.

But I got papers in the mail on Saturday saying the attorney was asking for the motion to be put back on the court calendar cause he didn't write it down correctly in his date book.

I won't go into how stupid it is considering I've paid all my rent now. And had already paid it when the management company said I still owed.

But I don't want to spend another day in court and if I do I want to sue the Attorney or Management company for the money I lost having had to go to court twice.

In fact, can they sue for non-payment in the same month? Like, It was due on the 1st, got mailed around the fifth, attorney called on the 10th, was told I still owed a months worth of money and he filed on the 11th, the same day the rent check cleared my account.

is this legal? When does it become harrassement?
kukuberra

Re: reinstating on calender

Postby Red026 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:21 pm

Hello,
I am going through something similar. See, Notice of Petition Holdover (Red026).

My monthly rent statements clearly state, "All rent payments received after the 10th of the month will result in a $20.00 Late Fee." No where in my lease agreement does it say, late rents will result in eviction. With this and the reason they are using to bring me to court (S2524(a)) what are my chances of winning. Be positive please....smile.
Red026

Return to Housing Court - NYC