TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Key receipt form?

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Key receipt form?

Postby mpb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 am

I'm looking for something like a standardized form to document relinquishing possession of an apartment and the handover of keys, as well as possibly an acknowledgment of the apartment being "broom clean," etc.

Having been to Housing Court, the landlord and i agreed to a date by which i'd be out. The court attorney advised that i get a receipt at the time of officially vacating, and that such a form could be found online....
mpb

Re: Key receipt form?

Postby TenantNet » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 am

I've never seen a particular for do that, but you're on the right track. I just looked at Google and could not find anything either.

Such a form would not necessarily be a court form. It would need to be signed and dated by both parties and would acknowlege the LL last inspection (walk-through), any damages claimed by LL, the acceptance of return of possession and that the keys were given back to the LL. It should also refer to any outstanding deposit and lay out a time frame for the return of the deposit.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Postby mpb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:15 am

Yeah, i guess it's pretty straight forward. I thought perhaps there was a standard doc that covered all the bases, but i can draft something along those lines.

Thanks.
mpb

Postby innocent1997 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:45 pm

I recommend quoting the borough court and case index number in the receipt form. Also insert language such as in compliance with the stipulation.
innocent1997

Return to Housing Court - NYC