Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent renewal increase of 13%

Posted by Anna on March 27, 1999 at 13:42:57:

In Reply to: Rent renewal increase of 13% posted by Anita on March 22, 1999 at 17:34:02:

: I have been in an apartment in NYC for nearly two years, and have just received notice that the landlord wants to increase the rent by $300 or 13% starting in June with a new lease. I had an initial negotiation at which I complained that the raise was far too much etc. and he has asked me to give him a letter in which I state in writing how much I am willing to offer. It is not a rent stabilized apartment(although the one other apartment is rent stabilized). I already told him I felt a 5% rent increase was fair but he didn't seem too keen. Also there have been continual problems with the heat which has been well below the 68degree legal minimum. He's talking about installing electric heat in the apartment so I will also have to pay a larger electic bill next winter.
: Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

ONE apt is stabilized, yours is not: are you sure? did you check with DHCR? why is your apt exempt? how many apts in bldg? with a few details like these, someone might be able to help...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name