Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Why Does This Person...? HP Action?

Posted by Anna on March 21, 1999 at 12:17:39:

In Reply to: Why Does This Person Ignore Good Advice Previously Given? posted by Mark Smith on March 21, 1999 at 10:00:07:

: Anna gave you good advice, while TenantNet gave you only so-so advice. In fact, the landlord has to remove you from this illegal building in a holdover proceeding, probably in state Supreme Court. The landlord can't try to raise the rent and bring a non-payment proceeding, if you don't agree to the new rent.But I believe that you recently posted similar questions, under a different name, about these same issues. Several people gave you good advice. In particular, I told you about the Certificate of Occupancy and the Multiple Dwelling Registration. I cited specific sections of the Multiple Dwelling Law.I, for one, don't like to see my advice ignored. Do you want help, or do you just like to post messages?Guess I should take my own advice more often!I didn't browser-search for the name Maureen; had I done so, I would have simply linked this to the old post with answers by Mark Smith, Sam and satori: click below!Maureen 3/20: "It is horried and despicable that these people and many other slumlords are getting away with never fixinganything,. letting the foundations and plumbing rot, and the whole place infested with roaches"I was thinking more of the above sentence: with or without a lease and/or MDR and/or C of O, can't any tenant sue in Housing Court in an HP Action? Or are the tenants also required to use other courts to sue for violations of the HMC, MDL, basic fire, building, health & safety codes? After all: some of those laws apply to any building designed for or occupied by ONE human being...(ps: like the new feature letting us review the msg before sending...)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name