Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Why Does This Tenant Ignore Good Advice That Was Previously Given?

Posted by Mark Smith on March 21, 1999 at 10:40:57:

In Reply to: Slumlord says we agreed to pay for ENTIRE property electricity! posted by Maureen in Ozone Park on March 20, 1999 at 08:28:33:

Anna gave you good advice, while TenantNet gave you only so-so advice. In fact, the landlord has to remove you from this illegal building in a holdover proceeding, probably in state Supreme Court. The landlord can't try to raise the rent and bring a non-payment proceeding, if you don't agree to the new rent. But I believe that you recently posted similar questions, under a different name, about these same issues. Several people gave you good advice. In particular, I told you about the Certificate of Occupancy and the Multiple Dwelling Registration. I cited specific sections of the Multiple Dwelling Law. I, for one, don't like to see my advice ignored. Do you want help, or do you just like to post messages? P.S. to TenantNet: What was supposed to be an improvement in posting followup messages isn't very good. If you post your followup message before the text of the old message, all of the paragraphing disappears. Not only do I like to have my messages contain good advice, I also like them to look nice -- the way that I wrote them. I'd use HTML to write my followups, but there seems to be a blank line above the beginning of the message that keeps returning. And the tag must be at the beginning of the message for the HTML to work.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name