Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Appeals from Housing Court NYC

Posted by satori on March 17, 1999 at 01:41:23:

In Reply to: Appeals from Housing Court NYC posted by Aimee on March 16, 1999 at 17:50:11:

Well if you have to appeal all the way to the US supreme court, I think the
filing fee is $2000 to $5000 dollar for the US Supreme Court, that

does not include the fee to hire the expert lawyer to draft it $40.000 Transcripts are I would guess, a
$1000 dollars legal fees $2000.Then if it goes to trial again $3000.

: I need to decide whether or not to appeal the decision. I was pro se. There are errors in law and errors in fact according to the pro se attorney. (I'm reluctant to go into details: the court was buzzing re this message board re Richard/Dangerfield). I will be contacting lawyers, all strangers to me, this week and was hoping some of you could give me a ballpark estimate about the costs and time involved to compare with what thay say.

: For now: how much to expect just to file the appeal?: court cost, transcript cost: 10 hours, attorney to prepare the papers, (alternate) attorney to coach and review the papers.

: Just as important: I want to deposit the rent/judgement into the court of appeals and stay the possesion: is this the normal thing?

: Thank you for your time.

: ps: any other suggestions welcomed!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name