Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: need stabalized sublet info and cosigner info PLEASE

Posted by Will on March 16, 1999 at 10:38:52:

In Reply to: need stabalized sublet info and cosigner info PLEASE posted by tuz on March 15, 1999 at 15:58:29:

: can one sublet a stablized apt. to someone whose primary residence is out of state?
NO...subleting is difficult to do. It requires the landlords permission otherwise its illegal and grounds for terminating the lease with the primary tenant.

And if so, can all transactions take place electronically or must the subletee be phisically present for signing?? Also, what are the requirements of a person who wishes to cosign a lease for someone else?? may they live out of state? thanx
Co-signing the lease? meaning both names on the lease? then both people need live in the apartment. How the landlord handles the signing of the lease is discresionary. Any wierd scenerios may turn the landlord off.

Now if you want some to be a guaranteor of the lease (like a parent) then they can live anywhere they please. And most likely signing of the lease can be done via fedex or fax...


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name