Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent History

Posted by Mark Smith on March 12, 1999 at 03:29:17:

In Reply to: Rent History posted by Barbara on March 12, 1999 at 01:38:53:

First, if the landlord did renovations to existing apartments, talk to some of the long-time residents of the building to see if they can tell you the old designations for the apartments. If that doesn't get the information, go to the Departments of Buildings in your borough and look at any floor plans they have. The plans may have the old apartment designations. Copy any relevant floor plan or plans and submit copies to DHCR.

Of course, the landlord may have changed the layouts and created different apartments. Those plans should also be at the Department of Buildings. I know of a landlord who took two railroad flats and converted them into two U-shaped apartments. And with DHCR's drywall decontrol policy (look for that thread, below), their position would be that the landlord has created new, unregulated apartments.

: After doing some renovations in my building, the landlord changed the apartment numbers to letters (and raised the rents by triple in some cases). When I went to DHCR to find the rent history on my place, they could only give me the current rent and nothing earlier.
: I could use the older rent history but DHCR says this is all that's on their computers.
: Any suggestions how I can get the earlier history?
: Thanks for any help. Really.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name