Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: plants on windowsills

Posted by Will on March 10, 1999 at 08:26:04:

In Reply to: plants on windowsills posted by Flower Girl on March 10, 1999 at 07:28:26:

Sounds like the landlord is trying to harrass you. May I ask your age. Typically this kind of stuff is done to older folk. Ask yourself this question...what authorities? who would he report you to? I never heard of this kind of law. But why not call the local precinct (NOT 911) and ask. For now bring your plants inside....I wouldn't fret I doubt your landlord can really do anything about this except harrass you. Which you can do something about....

On a personal note I would be concerned about things like this in high wind situations...you would probably feel lousy is one your potted plants hurt someone. Have you considered getting a planter box installed and bolted down...then putting the plants in that?

Will

: This is such a small question compared to the serious problems that some of you have, but I can't find the answer myself.

: Last year, the new building owner threatened to report me to the authorities, saying there was a law that the pots of flowers on my windowsills had to be bolted down. I do secure them, in ten years, not one pot has fallen. I will buy whatever type of pots and brackets are necessary. My local garden supply store doesn't know and I've waded through the MDL and HMC on your sight: could not find it.

: Is there such a law in Manhattan? What are the requirements?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name