Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need to break Lease: Kelly: lay off!

Posted by on this planet on March 09, 1999 at 21:34:59:

In Reply to: Re: Need to break Lease cant afford posted by Kelly on March 09, 1999 at 19:03:39:

Gee Kelly: if they had been married, Leigh would be in a too-expensive apt and be in debt for the lawyers' fees for the divorce. That would be better?
Kelly: Get a life! and get off the drugs!

: Gee, if you got married instead of shacking up, you'd be better off.

: Unfortunately, you may need to adjust your lifestyle to something lower. This is somethng you should have considered before shacking up with someone prior to the legal document known as a marriage license. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

:
: : : I recently seperated from my fiancee, I was left the newly renewed lease, as the
: : : apt was in my name. The only problem is I cant afford the apartment, and the land
: : : lord (a company) will not allow me to terminate the lease, because it is not
: : : a clause listed in the lease. I have had to take on a night job just to pay
: : : the bills, when I could live comfortably in a smaller apartment and not have
: : : to adjust my lifestyle. Please advise, Have searched for NYS docs, but cant access
: : : the web site for the Govt. office.

: : : Thanks

: :
: : Sounds like you're in NY state, but not NYC: still: if you use the search feature on this message board, you'll find several threads concerning breaking leases. Some of laws mentioned are state laws, not NYC laws: like the RPL (Real Property Law). But here's another resource I ran into (didn't read the data: I live in the Bronx). Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name