Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need to break Lease cant afford

Posted by Kelly on March 09, 1999 at 19:03:39:

In Reply to: Re: Need to break Lease cant afford posted by Sam on March 02, 1999 at 14:49:30:

Gee, if you got married instead of shacking up, you'd be better off.

Unfortunately, you may need to adjust your lifestyle to something lower. This is somethng you should have considered before shacking up with someone prior to the legal document known as a marriage license. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

: : I recently seperated from my fiancee, I was left the newly renewed lease, as the
: : apt was in my name. The only problem is I cant afford the apartment, and the land
: : lord (a company) will not allow me to terminate the lease, because it is not
: : a clause listed in the lease. I have had to take on a night job just to pay
: : the bills, when I could live comfortably in a smaller apartment and not have
: : to adjust my lifestyle. Please advise, Have searched for NYS docs, but cant access
: : the web site for the Govt. office.

: : Thanks

:
: Sounds like you're in NY state, but not NYC: still: if you use the search feature on this message board, you'll find several threads concerning breaking leases. Some of laws mentioned are state laws, not NYC laws: like the RPL (Real Property Law). But here's another resource I ran into (didn't read the data: I live in the Bronx). Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name