Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: LL's Attorney tells Tenant :

Posted by Sam on March 07, 1999 at 13:30:01:

In Reply to: Re: LL's Attorney tells Tenant : posted by Willard on March 05, 1999 at 15:37:35:

: I would report to the police IMMEDIATELY that the attorney threatened your life and ask for an order of protection. The write the bar association with a copy of the complaint.
: Also file for harrasment in housing court....

: Willard

:
: : Where: just after a Housing Court case, right in the hallway just outside the courtroom doors after LL's case was vacated.

: : Is this HOSTILE treatment?

: : What recourse does a tenant have?
: : Question: if this same attorney represents LL in another case, can tenant ask that he be declared hostile and barred from representing LL in a possible future legal proceeding?
: : Question: are there other remedies, e.g., New York Bar Association, to appeal to for "unprofessional conduct" or more serious recriminations?

There are Disciplinary Rules for lawyers: I ran into them on the net. Somehow, I ended up on the NY State Bar Assoc webpage below. Click on Public for consumer info, on Ethics for the actual Code/Law.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name